Terms of Service
1.1. Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) treats all client communication, information and business details as strictly confidential. We will never trade, sell, give away, or intentionally disclose client information.
1.2 What we collect
1.2a. We may collect the following information:
- email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers such as business challenges
1.2b. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Copyrights and Trademarks
2.1 The client represents to Art In Canada Inc.’ (Chix Design) and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Art In Canada Inc. for inclusion are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Art In Canada Inc.(Chix Design) from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- Estimates & Deposits
3.1. Before work will commence, a signed acceptance of the terms and conditions is required. We provide free estimates. Our fee structure ensures that clients only pay for the time it has taken to complete a task (plus any expenses such as stock photos). Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) reserves the right to amend the original estimate should the client’s original requirements change.
3.2. For regular hourly rates and project-by-project estimates over $100, Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) reserves the right to request payment of up to 50% before work commences. For amounts estimated to be over $200, we reserve the right to request the full estimated payment before work commences.
3.3. For new clients, Art In Canada Inc.(Chix Design) reserves the right to request the full estimated amount is made in advance of work commencing.
3.4 Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be charged to all Canadian clients (only) at 5%.
4.1. Clients will be given a detailed time once we have received the material required to begin the project. The balance of the project is due six weeks from the start time. All content, text and images must be in during this time frame.
4.2. Art In Canada Inc.’(Chix Design) standard and advanced hourly rates apply to tasks carried out at our premises. Any assignment that involves leaving the premises will be subject to a negotiable out-of-office rate.
4.3. The hourly rate of $85 per hour is billed in increments of 15 minutes, with time rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour.
4.4. Registration of client details and initial enquiries regarding a new task (and at Art In Canada Inc.’ (Chix Design) own discretion, a meeting with a new client) is complimentary. Time taken to discuss an assignment in detail or work experimentally at the client’s request will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
5.1. Invoices are due in full for payment when final product is delivered to the client and before any project documents are released.
5.2. Should work be suspended or delayed through any default of the client, Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) shall be entitled to immediate payment for the work carried out and expenses incurred.
6.1. US Funds accepted.
6.2. Payments are excepted by Bank eTransfer and Cheques.
6.3 The Client shall assume responsibility for all collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.
7. Loss/Damage of Client Property
7.1. Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or theft of data, projects, equipment or any items relating to an assignment, during transit to/from, or whilst at Art In Canada Inc.’ premises.
7.2. Due to the varied nature of Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) work, it is not possible to insure clients’ property.
Clients must make copies of all data and information and insure their equipment and items for use away from their own premises prior to giving them to Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design).
8. Final proofreading and checking of all work completed by Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) is the responsibility of the client. We must be notified of any errors within 7 days of receipt of completed work. Amendments or alterations requested by the client will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate. Errors generated by Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) will be rectified free of charge.
9. Due to computer viruses, all incoming emails will be scanned. However, we may still not open unsolicited attachments to emails or emails that look suspicious by being from an unrecognized sender, have no subject heading or contain no message alongside an attachment.
10. Cancellation/Refund Policy – Deposits are non-refundable once the project has started or is in progress. Cancellation must be made in writing and submitted to Art In Canada Inc..
11. Security – We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Art In Canada Inc. (Chix Design) is not responsible for any client data, including emails, that are lost or hacked on our server.
12. Links to other websites – Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.